Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Climb Up San Bruno Mountain - July 2, 2008







Over my lunck break I road from my office in South San Francisco up San Bruno Mountain. After a 20 minute warm up, I climbed the 3.5 miles up the mountain up to the radio towers. The climbs starts with a 7-8 percent grade up Guadalupe Canyon Road and a turn into San Bruno Park, and up Radio Road with narrow switchbacks and grades up to 10%. It was not the greatest day to do this ride because the winds were strong and the top of the mountain was in a cold dense fog. The good news is that I had a nice tailwind on the steep switchbacks and got blown up to the top. I didn't have much of a heart rate and I didn't have much power. Last night at the cycling gym took it out of me. We did simulated road racing (long intervals with high cadence and resistance).

No comments: