Sunday, July 20, 2008

Beat the Clock Time Trial Report - Sat. July 19, 2008







Photos: RFA at the start and MEA after the finish. The weather was chilly (low 50's at the start) and foggy. Going out north on Canada is was misty - had to get out of the full TT position momentarily to wipe off the glasses to see. Then brief moment of sunshine at the turnaround at 92/Canada. There was a mild cross wind from the west. RFA went off at 7:04 and my start time was 7:38, so I had plenty of time to warm up on the trainer. The times were slower overall today compared to June 21 Beat the Clock TT due to the damp air. For the June 21 TT, the weather was warm, dry and no wind and a day for personal bests (mine was 26:30). I felt strong and paced myself well. I finished in 26:51 (4th in a field of 11 women). I passed no one and no one passed me. My one-minute "rabbit" was a woman who is about one minute faster than me, so there was really no contest. Rode with my Easton tubulars - RFA had the tri-spoke and the disk.

No comments: