Sunday, March 29, 2009

Beat the Clock Time Trial Report - Sat. March 28, 2009

The March 28, 2009 Beat the Clock Canada Time Trial results are posted at http://www.scaledup.com/beattheclock/results.html.

Another great event with a fantastic turn out for a good cause – registration closed early when the 100 person limit was reached. Thanks to Patt along with the volunteers who make this event a success. And good to see our friends and team mates!

We arrived at 6:30 AM and it was still dark. The registration desk was operating by flashlight. My start time was 7:49:30 so I had enough time for an adequate warm up. Not so for RFA who had a 7:11 start time. There was still a chill in the air (about 49 degrees), slight dampness and light breeze. Not conditions for record setting TT times but a pretty nice morning. My group was starting in 30 second intervals (later groups were starting at one minute intervals). My thirty-second and one-minute rabbits were men; ahead of them were three SugarCRM women. Behind me was a fast Velo Bella woman, so one of my goals was not to get passed. I had a good start (I think my practice at the track camp last week helped me) and just kept focused on pressing hard. I saw the Velo Bella at the turn around and it didn’t appear that she was making too much of a gain. On the way back I passed the three SugarCRM women and the guy that was my 30-second rabbit. I finished in 27:00, good enough for 3rd out of 22 women. The winning woman’s time was 26:18.
Afterwards, RFA and I did a practice team time trial with my Webcor team mate Phyllis on the Canada course. Phyllis and I are part of a 4-women team at Altamont TTT next Saturday and wanted to get some practice in. RFA and I then did a nice tempo ride out to Peet’s in Los Altos Hills and back on our road bikes. What gorgeous weather!

No comments: