Friday, May 22, 2009

Get Ready for Summer Race - May 17,2009

Another hot afternoon (96 degrees) at Hellyer Velodrome with special women's 3/4 races. I did the Win & Out and finished 6th. A few minutes later we did the 10 lap scratch race (my first!). Unfortunately someone pulled into me and I crashed on the bank. I don't recall anything until the next day in ICU. I fractured my skull, head hematoma and cracked clavicle, along with lots of bruising on my right arm, back and leg. Black right eye from sunglasses and lost alot of blood. I was in the hospital until Thursday. It will take me a while for recovery - unfortunately, that means that the 4 road time trials over the next 4 weeks are out of the picture. I'll focus on weight lifting and maybe consider the state championship at Hellyer for the 2k pursuit. There is always next year.

No comments: