Saturday, November 22, 2008

Hellyer Velodrome Track Clinic - Nov. 15, 2008

RFA and I went to the clinic at Hellyer Velodrome, San Jose, CA this morning. Pam was sick and Mark McC. was out of town so they were "no-shows." Kris was there - her last time since she is heading back to Houston following her internship here in Silicon Valley. Rich still didn't have his Planet X, so he had to rent a track bike. Today's session was led by Richard - a Scotsman - and we only had a group of about 15. This was a great clinic - we did some team pursuits, timed flying start 200s (my time sucked - disappointing - practice, practice, practice!) and an Australian pursuit. This time the Australian pursuit had some logic to it as to the positioning. It was an intense effort - approximately 4 minutes of max heart rate - up to 34 mph - me and two guys left and then I got passed and I was out. It was a blast!

No comments: