Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! Despite the turmoil in the world and the state of the current economy, we have a lot to be thankful for - perhaps on the top of my list this years is the fact we have President-Elect Barack Obama - and we don't have Vice-President Elect Sarah Palin. I am optimistic that this will be a better world with Barack. The rest of my list? I am thankful for RFA and his love and our special relationship, my good health, that I get to go to work everyday at Genentech - inspired, for the cherished memories of my deceased parents, my sister (even though I haven't seen her in years - she is my family and friend), and for the beauty of nature. I am thankful that I have a passion for cycling - it is part of who I am. Perhaps on every ride I experience a moment that captures "life" - the way the sunlight hits the redwood on OLH, or the vista of the bay on a descent down 84 - I am thankful that I am on my bike - this is life.

No comments: