Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Beat the Clock Time Trial - August 1, 2009


MEA and RFA warming up

The August 1, 2009 Beat the Clock Canada Time Trial results are posted at http://www.scaledup.com/beattheclock/results.html. Another great event with a good turn out for a good cause. Thanks to Patt along with the volunteers who make this event a success. I was so happy to be back doing a TT since my May 17 crash. Good to see our friends and team mates! My start time was 7:42 & RFA's start time was at 7:36 so we had enough time for an adequate warm up. The air was in the high 50's and light breeze. Not conditions for record setting TT times but a pretty nice morning. I was the first woman out so no real rabbits to chase. Behind me was a fast Metromint pro 1/2 woman, so one of my goals was not to get passed. My start was not great but I settled in well. I just kept focused on pressing hard. I saw the Metromint woman at the turn around and I could tell she was making some gain, but I was hoping that I could improve my ground on the uphills on the way back. I finished in 27:27, good enough for 3rd out of 11 women. The winning woman’s time was 26:02. I was 27 seconds off my last time in March, but considering my serious crash and rehab, I am quite satisfied. On the road to recovery! Yea!

No comments: