Sunday, August 30, 2009

Beat the Clock Time Trial, August 29, 2009




Photo: 1) RFA 2) MEA 3) chatting after the TT (Yvonne, Marcia and me)


Last Beat the Clock Time Trial for the year - a beautiful warm morning and many personal records set. It was a great practice for next weekend's Esparto TT. And BTC is always a lot of fun - great cause for Lance Armstrong Foundation and time to chat with fellow team mates and friends. Patt Baenen does such a fine job organizing and thanks to the volunteers. I am always honored to have now retired WebCor Pro Christine Thorburn do the countdown. Up early at 5:20 AM and plenty of time to warm up for our start times: 7:32:30 for RFA and 7:37:30 for me. This time I had the pleasure of being the last women's ITT start. Passed two women and one junior - no one passed me. Rich and I have been doing VO2 max intervals on Canada - that and my power meter helped me do a PR of 26:23 - good enough for #2 of the women. RFA also had a PR of 27:19.

No comments: