Saturday, July 11, 2009

Beat the Clock Day at the Track, July 5, 2009







Last year this was the event that introduced me to the track. It is a special event that allows road bike to compete on the track and I competed in my time trial bike. The road bikes compete against road bikes and the track bikes compete against track bikes. Of course this year I raced with my Cervelo P3C track bike and it was my first real event on the track since my serious crash on May 17. Fortunately earlier in the week I was able to participate in two advanced track sessions for some practice. I only did the 2K pursuit and was paired with a team mate who I passed on the last lap. Unfortunately I went up to the stayer's line a bit early to pass and then went back down to the pole lane and then passed. Lost a few seconds and ended with a 3:12 -compared to last year's Natz championship of 2:59 pretty dismal, but I was just thrilled to be able to race again. Also, I felt much stronger than my training session earlier in the week. A good work out for next week's NCNCA masters state championship. RFA had a great performance of 42.20 seconds on the 500 meter and 2:51.60 on the 2K - stellar performance.

No comments: