Monday, July 5, 2010

Beat the Clock Time Trial, March 20, 2010

Start time at 7:59 but I woke up too early well before 5 AM. Had a decent warm up but the air temperature was chilly and my body and hands were cold at the start. I set a goal of a time between 26:00 – 26:30 – but realistically this was not the day for a personal best. I had no rabbit to chase – the guy before me went off 2 minutes earlier. Fast Liz Beneshin was one minute behind me so it would be a victory if she didn't pass me. Wishful thinking - she passed me on the climb before Edgewood and the rest is history. I felt OK but overall just couldn't deliver the power this morning, although I had a pretty good finish. Glad that this is still early in the season. Finished in 27:16 – good but not great. I view this as good practice for the TT at Topsport Stage Race MArch 27-28, 2010. Thank you Patt and the BTC volunteers!

No comments: